Mar 30, 2009

Reflection

As a young boy I enjoyed springtime because I loved to play marbles. There was nothing like digging my heal into the ground, spinning my body around and making a hole to flick marbles into. We would all show our very best marbles but when we played, we would play our ugly marbles first. One day I was playing FJ and he lost all his ugly marbles and he would not play his pretty ones. So I got out the most beautiful bolder cats eye that anyone had ever seen. It was worth 15 regular marbles. It was spectacular and FJ went for the challenge. As I lined up and threw my precious bolder cats eye, FJ walked over picked it up and ran away. Yes the ass hole ran away. Away was a 1/4 mile down the street and into his house. For the next 2 years well into the 5th grade, whenever I saw him I would try to hit him. Because of his constant antisocial behavior pretty much everybody in the 5th grade was trying to hit him. I have heard that he became a stage director for a ballet company. I wonder if he still has my magnificent bolder cats eye marble.

No comments: