Sep 2, 2007

Memories

For 35 years we have saved our children’s baby clothes and stuffed animals for when our grandchildren are born. Well the point has FINALLY come and it was time to bring it all out of storage and answer the question, “Was it worth saving all this stuff?” My wife has never faltered, but I on the other hand have often questioned the reasoning and sanity of saving things for this long.

I see now that it was all saved for that very moment. That moment when we took each item out and shared our memories.
I can now say it was worth it and thank God it is gone.


Sorry to say we found the stuffed animals to be a bit toxic and we had to give them a proper ceremony and burial.

2 comments:

painterjoy said...

What a sweet video. I am impressed that these stuffed animals have made it through all the moves. And the granddaughter will be so lucky and happy.
I was so shocked to read Christy's blog last week and find that Judy had a major heart attack. But now I am happy to hear that things are well. I wish for all the health and prosperity to bless your lives.

davegannon said...

i love that shot. you should be a photographer. you know, i think tica would really like to take bunny for a run.....and shred away.